WMTCP is the training arm of WSM in the Philippines is complemented with
facilities and technology that answer the need for efficient learning.
Our training efforts endeavor to provide competency-based training to Wallem
seafarers and bridge the gap between statutory training, company-required
training and training specified / required by different principal and flag states.
We also aim to assist seafarers in their career growth by guiding and preparing
them for management level promotions through compliance with developmental training.
The courses being administered in WMTCP are
Training Schedule 2012 >>
- Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) inclusive of the following topics:
True North, Corporate Values, Mission, Vision, Quality Policy, Filipino
Values, Drug and Alcohol Policy, Table of Alcohol Units, Smuggling of
Contraband, Pre-joining Medical Declaration, Importance of Quality Training,
Joining Documents and Procedures, In-House Policies, Allotment Remittance
and Schedule, Deductions, Union Dues, SWF, Cost of Training, Cash Advance,
Leave Pay, Special Allotment, Benefits, POEA Contract, Duties of the Seafarer,
Hours of Work, Overtime, Holidays at Sea and at Port, Emergency Duty,
Termination of Employment, Compensation and Benefits, Heat Stroke, Sexually
Transmitted Infections / AIDS, Financial Management, Safety Module, Principal
Safety Policies, STCW Training, Appraisal Report, Minimum Safe Manning Requirements,
Flag State Requirements, Principal Requirements, Promotion Guidelines.
- Marine Pollution Awareness (MARPOL)
- Safety Management System (SMS) customized as principal-specific
- Ship Maintenance Management System (SMMS)
- Safety Incident Reporting and Investigation System (SIRIS)
- Transparent Sea Reporting Solutions
- Total Procurement Solutions
- Electronic Notice of Arrival and Departure (E-NOAD)
- Fleet Portage Bill (FPB)
- Computer based Training (CBT)
- IALA System of Bouyage
- Basic Fire Safety for Ships
- Personal Sea Survival
- Ship Security Awareness
- Ship Security Officer Course
- Elementary First Aid
- Environmental Officer Training
Video conferencing equipment (on ISDN) is also available to conveniently present
junior and senior officer applicants to principals for approval or for briefing
purposes particularly during vessel takeover.